Army

Indian Army likely to re-start ‘Operation All Out’ as situation in Kashmir hits new low during month of ceasefire

3_img117618083136

With the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir dipping to a new low during the last one month of Ramzan ceasefire announced by the Centre, the security forces have reportedly decided to re-start ‘Operation All Out’ against terror groups in the Valley.

According to reports, security forces have decided to avenge the killing 44 Rashtriya Rifles jawan Aurangzeb and target Hizbul and Jaish terrorists involved in the brazen abduction and killing.

According to the Army, local informers were providing minute-to-minute update about Aurangzeb’s movement to militants who abducted the jawan while he was going home on Eid leave on Thursday (June 14). Sources said at least two Hizbul Mujahideen and two Jaish-e-Mohammad terrorists were involved in kidnapping and killing of Aurangzeb, who had been part of the Army’s commando unit which eleminated several top terror leaders, including Hizbul’s Sameer Tiger.

What is Operation All Out

Launched in 2017, Operation All Out is a special offensive designed by security forces to flush out militants from Jammu and Kashmir. Security forces have killed nearly 200 militants since the launch of the offensive. However, the government had announced a ceasefire during the month of Ramzan which concluded on Friday (June 15).

The Valley has witnessed the killings of over 55 militants and the deaths of 27 locals so far this year.

The situation in Kashmir is considered to be turbulent as nearly 80 incidents of violence occurred there in the last four months. Civilians were often seen thronging to encounter sites to stage protests with the intention of giving the militants an opportunity to escape.

PM Modi chairs high-level meeting

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday held a meeting with Home Minister Rajnath Singh on the security situation in Jammu and Kashmir and to review the suspension of operations during the month of Ramzan.

During the meeting, the Home Minister is understood to have briefed on the security situation in the Kashmir Valley, especially in view of the recent killings, including that of veteran journalist Shujaat Bukhari and Army jawan Aurangzeb in Srinagar Thursday.

The Centre is expected to monitor the situation for some more days before taking a decision on extending the ceasefire, sources said.

By : India TV

Advertisements

Categories: Army

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s