The United States has cleared the sale of Guardian drones to India after the Modi-Trump meeting in Washington on last Monday, their first bilateral since the US president took office last year.
Here are top facts about this predatory machine:
1. The Predatory Guardian drones became operational on 1 May 2007.
2. The drone was first inducted as part of the US Navy’s Broad Area Maritime Surveillance (BAMS) programme.
3. India to purchase 22 naval variants of the unarmed surveillance aircraft. The Indian version of the drone is only for reconnaissance missions.
4. Abraham Karem is the designer of the drone while General Atomics is the company that produces it.
5. The Guardian drone can remain in the air for over 27 hours and it can reach a maximum altitude of 50000 feet.
. The drone’s maximum speed limit is 240 KTAS (True airspeed, in knots).
7. Its maximum payload carrying capacity is 1,746 kg.
8. India will be the first non-NATO country to purchase such type of Drones from US .
9. Guardian drones can hunt targets and scan terrain by using multiple sensors that are equipped with thermographic cameras.
10. The onboard camera is so powerful that it can read a license plate from two miles (3.2 km) away.
By: Zee News
Source Link: CLICK HERE