Afghanistan Openly Rejects Pakistan’s Claim of Killing 50 Afghan Soldiers

Afghanistan’s Interior Ministry denied a report by Pakistan that 50 soldiers of Afghan forces were killed in a skirmish last week, a spokesman said Sunday.

The border fight erupted in the past few days in Kandahar province and ended with both sides announcing a cease-fire, Najib Danish, a spokesman to the Interior Ministry, said by phone. Pakistan’s army had said it destroyed at least five Afghan checkpoints, the Associated Press reported Sunday.

Danish said fighting killed two Afghan border policemen and wounded 11 others. One civilian died and 30 other civilians were hurt in the rocket attacks from Pakistani forces, the spokesman said.

Pakistani Army Major General Nadeem Ahmad told reporters Sunday at the Chaman border crossing that about 50 security forces died, while two of his soldiers were killed and another nine were wounded, according to the AP.

By: Boomberg

Source Link: CLICK HERE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s